Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Kindergarten Corner

We took almost two weeks off in November due to birthdays and Thanksgiving, so we are not going to take too much time off from our regular schooling in December, Although we are going to add in lots of fun Christmas activities, Especially baking and crafts. I have decided to move our school time from the kitchen into the Playroom. I'm doing this mostly for me, I have such a hard time staying focused on getting school done when I am surrounded by things that I think need to get done ie. laundry, dishes, etc. But the playroom is such a fun and bright place to be that I am really enjoying our time there, plus it's easier to keep the other children entertained.

Here are a few pictures from the day.
We use Handwriting Without Tears, for our writing curriculum. After we do our lesson the wood pieces always end up as roads for Zacks matchbox cars :) We were working on Math with the Geoboard. Right now I'm using Saxon Math, I don't know if I will continue to use this curriculum I really love how it uses the spiral method, but I'm looking for a more hands on approach, and because the lessons are so easy we breeze through several a day.

Zoe is working on a word sorting activity here.

We ended the day by making gingerbread cookies. Even the baby got in on the action.















1 comment:

  1. Jake is doing Saxon math at PCA too... VERY easy I agree :-). Whatever they did at Highpointe was much more difficult and we are still waiting for something challenging relating to math to happen.

    HP used Handwriting w/o Tears and PCA uses D'nealan (which my mom taught when she did kindergarten b/c it gets them ready for cursive). What's funny is that b/c of the H w/o T... his current K teacher thinks he has the BEST handwriting in the class and yet he is learning a NEW way to write letters! We thought H w/o T was great! :-)

    ReplyDelete