Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stump the Teacher

We have started a new game for Bible time in the morning. It started with the story of Jacob's ladder. After I read the story I drew a picture of a ladder on our white board and made a sticky note with a picture of an angel drawn on it. For each question about the story that they got right the angel moved up a ring on the ladder. They thought this was great fun, and have wanted to play this game everyday with our stories. Today the tables were reversed. After I read the story, my kinder girl wanted to be the one to ask the questions, and move the angel. She did such a great job that I think we will continue with this way of doing things. It requires a higher level of thinking and forces her to have to really listen to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment