Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wizard of Oz lapbook

We just finished reading the book Wizard of Oz. It is a fantastic book, filled with great imagery, and wonderful story telling. I have never read it until now, and It was soooo much better than the movie. In fact as we were watching the movie my daughter kept asking if particular parts of the book were going to happen and I turned to my husband and said- wow, she is going to be very disappointed in this movie. She wasn't but she thought they should have added a few more of the different lands, especially the china land. It was her favorite. It allowed for some great discussion though. We completed the lapbook as we went through the story, placing in different pieces as they happened. It was our first lapbook to complete this year, and I'm excited to be adding more of these into our schooling.

Here's a quick look at the finished Product

We found this lapbook off of Homeschool Share

1 comment:

  1. My son loved looking at this! He is an Oz fanatic and he also made an Oz lapbook this year. :) It's always fun to start with a free lapbook and then let your student add their own ideas. I never know what my son is going to come up with! :)

    :) Ami (from Homeschool Share)

    ReplyDelete